2-Minute Teacher Review Video on Practicing Core Nonfiction Reading Skills
by Alana Pedalino
“This book hypes students up about reading because of the vibrant pictures and the ferocious facts about dangerous sharks.” —Avery Lieske
Sixteen fearsome sharks are ready to rumble! Who will win? Read this engaging, action-packed Book of the Week with your class to find out—while catching an ocean’s worth of science and nonfiction facts.
Watch third grade teacher Avery Lieske’s teacher review video to learn how she uses Who Would Win? Ultimate Shark Rumble by Jerry Pallotta in her classroom to help her students practice core nonfiction skills, including:
• Comparing and contrasting two types of sharks
• Learning from nonfiction text features
• Opinion writing with text-based evidence
• Practicing persuasive writing activities
• Connecting illustrations to the text
• Researching facts to create slideshows, videos, and oral presentations
And be sure to check out this week’s Cooked Up from a Book post for a free activity inspired by Avery!
Please share on Facebook and Instagram how you plan to use Who Would Win? Ultimate Shark Rumble with your class. The Scholastic Book Clubs community would love to hear from you, so be sure to use the hashtag #ScholasticBookClubs.
This Book Is Available from Scholastic Book Clubs