Recipe Inspired by Dav Pilkey’s The Adventures of Captain Underpants
by Alexie Basil and Langston Payne
After reading The Adventures of Captain Underpants, we couldn’t stop thinking: We gotta have that Hypno-Ring! Unfortunately, a fully functioning one only exists in the story….
So we’ve concocted the next best thing: your very own delicious—and delightfully healthy!—Hypno-Ring Yogurt Pops. They might not hypnotize any principals, but they’ll definitely entrance some snack-loving kids this summer!
You’re getting huuuuuuungggggrryyyyyyyyyy.
BEFORE YOU START
Brainstorm the perfect hypnotic flavor! Here are some we came up with:
• Rainbow Breakfast: plain Greek yogurt, 2% milk, and fruity pebbles
• M&M Swirl: vanilla Greek yogurt, 2% milk, and M&M'S
• Traditional Black and White: vanilla Greek yogurt and chocolate chips
Of course, fruits are also a delicious option!
• Berry Cream: vanilla Greek yogurt, 2% milk, and blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, or blackberries
YOU WILL NEED
• Ring pop molds (available online)
• 6 ounces of Greek yogurt (plain, vanilla, strawberry—whichever you prefer)
• Special toss-ins (2 tablespoons Fruity Pebbles, M&M’S, fruit, etc.)
• 1 cup 2% milk
• Mixing bowl
Pour the yogurt and 2% milk into the mixing bowl. Stir well with the spoon.
Add the special toss-ins. Stir into the mixture gently with the spoon, making sure not to break the ingredients apart.
Pour the mixture into the ring-pop molds.
Freeze the molds for at least four hours, then carefully remove the pops from the molds.
PRO TIP: Run a little hot water over the outside of the molds if the pops are sticking.
Tra-la-la! You now have your very own Hypno-Ring Yogurt Pop! We you’ll find a great time and place to share them—such as your very own “Reading Gives You Superpowers” party. Download the party planning guide here.
This Book Is Available from Scholastic Reading Club